Sunday, August 29, 2010

Freshology (Gourmet Food Delivery Service)

It's Day 28 of my 12-week body transformation. I had a great day and I'm having a wonderful week so far!

I think I'm really beginning to tap into the whole "mind-mouth-muscle" phenomenon.  I've learned from some of my spiritual teachers including: Oprah Winfrey, Eckhart Tolle, Louise Hay, and Joel Osteen etc, that positive change first begins with the mind. Our thoughts create our realities. Negative thoughts attract negative experiences and positive thoughts attract positive people and experiences into our lives.  There is so much power in positive thinking!!

Melanie Brown AKA Mel B 
Today though, I actually want to focus on the "mouth" part of the equation since food is such an important part of any fat loss and fitness journey. When I attempted a fitness program 7 years ago I cooked all of my meals... and I'm not going to lie -- it was very taxing and time-consuming. Balancing a hectic work schedule and social life with shopping for food, cooking healthy meals, exercising and managing personal responsibilities like cleaning and chores etc was quite a feat. This time around I admitted to myself that I could use some help. So I've been using this gourmet food delivery service I discovered a few years ago called "Freshology" which is such a life-saver!!   It's like having your own personal chef prepare your meals which are delivered right to your door daily. They have several different plans and I have been doing the "FreshDining" plan. I first heard about it because some celebrities like Ricki Lake and Janet Jackson used the service and lost a lot of weight on it.  With the launch of their "FreshMommy" program, actresses like Halle Berry, JLo and Mel B were able to drop the baby weight quickly and get back into their skinny jeans in a short time.

Here are a few of the things I love about Freshology:

  • The food is freshly-prepared, delicious and healthy!  Calorie count is 1200-1400 calories a day, but I never feel hungry or have cravings. I eat a lot of "living foods" like fresh fruits and vegetables and lean proteins and little to no starchy carbs like potatoes, rice, pasta etc.
  • All meat is hormone and antibiotic free.
  • They use organic ingredients
  • They allow you to exclude roughly 10 or so foods that you don't like or are allergic too and they will prepare your meals accordingly.
  • You can view 2 weeks of menus in advance on their website
  • They have a special plan called "GetSlim" where they can FedEx "flash-frozen" meals to people outside of the L.A. & NYC metro areas. Freshology has been doing giveaways of their "Get Slim" program on Facebook. "Like" them to qualify. 
  • It's easy and convenient. I just heat up my meals and go. 
  • Good customer service and an user-friendly website which allows you to update exclusions, delivery cycles and personal info.


What I don't like about Freshology:
  • It's pricy (but I guess you pay for what you get)
  • You can't customize the menu (i.e., have a choice of meals)


I am so glad I discovered Freshology and as long as I can afford it, I will continue to rely on them when I need them. Here's a sample of a day's worth of meals that I've had on the program:


Freshology Breakfast
BREAKFAST:   Wholewheat pancakes with Grand Marnier Ricotta, Syrup, Turkey Bacon, & Fresh Fruit (Blueberries and Raspberries)

LUNCH:  Grilled Shrimp Skewer Pita Pocket w/ Composed Greek Salad

DINNER:  Herb Marinated Halibut w/ Dried Cherry Couscous & Cavolo Nero

SNACK: Tandoori Style-Lamb Chop w/ Mango Salsa

DESSERT: Flourless Chocolate Cake


Having calorie-restricted food that tastes yummy is such a treat! It makes it so much easier to stick to your plan and reach your goals. I just can't do tasteless diet food. There are several different meal-delivery services out there including: Fresh Diet (formerly Zone Diet Delivery), Sunfare, and Susan's Healthy Gourmet. I may review some of these in a future blog update, but for now I'm having a love affair with Freshology (http://www.freshology.com). 

2 comments:

  1. Way to go on your 12-week transformation!!! I've considered Freshology. I might try them at some point. One service I've use and like is Paleta. I've also used Sunfare too. Considering the kitchen and I are not friends, it's nice to have companies out there that prepare great-tasting, healthy meals.

    Keep it up Stacie. You are indeed a Diva in LA!!! hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Thanks Kwanza.You know I'll have to look into Paleta. That's one I hadn't heard of, but I like to try new things. I've done Susan's Healthy Gourmet which was featured on "Celebrity Fit Club" and I liked it. They just don't deliver to my door like Freshology does.

    I agree that the convenience of these services are great. You look amazing so it doesn't surprise me that you're eating healthy. XXOO. Take care luv.

    ReplyDelete